Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Nerd Journal: Papers, Exams, and MORE Old Movies!

I had such a lovely response from you all for my previous bout of studying with the help of old movies! So, I will announce that another round of feverish nerd-activity is now upon me, and these are the films I have so far:
  • "Bringing Up Baby" (1938) with Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn, and -- of course -- Baby.
  • "High Noon" (1952) with Gary Cooper and Grace Kelly
  • "Sabrina" (1954) with Humphrey Bogart, Audrey Hepburn, and William Holden. ABSOLUTELY see the original. The 1995 remake is a total waste of time.
  • "The Searchers" (1956) with the awesome Duke himself, John Wayne
  • "Soylent Green" (1973) with the inimitable Chuck Heston -- because apparently academia isn't scary enough, so I must scare myself with a sci-fi dystopia!
Please feel free to suggest others!

Now -- which movie to see first while I drown in coffee and papers?

Oh, and I watched "El Cid" (1961) last night. It's been a long, long time since I've seen it, and I simply had to get the new DVD release. I had forgotten how good it is!

No comments: