Monday, May 12, 2008

Preview of Movie Review: "Iron Man"

I don't have time right now to write a proper movie review, but I have to say this:

Last night, my Cinema-Mad Sibling took me out to a late showing of "Iron Man" (thanks to my genetic variant also for buying the popcorn, nachos, and cherry Icees!).

My review in 1 word: "Awesome!"

And in 4 words: "Go see this movie!"

This is what a superhero movie should be like! This wipes out all the disappointments of the Spider-Man sequels, the useless Fantastic Four, the limp Brandon Routh Superman, and the stupid Eric Bana Hulk. Robert Downey, Jr.'s Iron Man is far and away a more interesting character.

More later -- we silly siblings are off for lunch!

UPDATE: My full review is now online.

3 comments:

Pat Patterson said...

Uh, don't forget that there is a Edward Norton version of The Incredible Hulk on the horizon. Though I have heard that this version was made with Ang Lee safely tied up in his mother's basement and Nick Nolte back in rehab.

Mad Minerva said...

Yes, I'm hoping the new Hulk movie is better than the old one. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm REALLY looking forward to "The Dark Knight," too.

Da Man said...

I was thinking about seeing "Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay" on my next quarterly date night. Any thoughts?