Monday, July 14, 2008

Movie Preview: "The Dark Knight" Opens Friday! Plus Video Fun


The sequel to "Batman Begins" is probably the most anticipated film of the summer season. The hype has been unbelievable, along with the expectations. Early reviews have been mostly positive, if not openly effusive. "The Dark Knight" is finally opening in theaters nationwide. Yes!

It opens this Friday, and I have to tell you: I'm taking no chances, especially because I can't wait. I just bought my opening night tickets on Fandango. There's a tiny convenience fee to be paid aside from the movie ticket prices, but this is what everybody's doing who wants to guarantee that they have a ticket on opening night -- because it's a certainty that theaters will sell out of tickets. Some theaters already have, according to the latest news.

I'm looking forward to a big night with friends at the cinema, and you can look forward to a hefty movie review afterwards both from me and from (who else?) the Cinema-Mad Sibling.

In the meanwhile, I'll be dealing with "Hellboy II: The Golden Army" (don't laugh! the Guillermo Del Toro flick actually has some stunning visual effects). But that's just passing time until I get my Christian Bale-versus-Heath Ledger smackdown in Gotham.

But I know what the Cine-Sib is thinking too: Will "The Dark Knight" make me forget my love affair with "Iron Man"? Will Bale's performance overshadow Downey's? (Or will Ledger's incarnation of the Joker leave everybody else in the dust?) Well, time will tell. As in, right about 9:30 PM this coming Friday.

PS: As far as I'm concerned, "The Dark Knight" already has one huge factor in its favor: ABSOLUTELY NO KATIE HOLMES.

I can't help leaving you with a bit of humor too. Check out these playful parodies with Iron Man and Batman squaring off against each other. Brilliant.











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went and saw both Hellboy 2 and Hancock this past Sunday. I enjoyed them both, but give the quality nod to Hancock.

Mad Minerva said...

I haven't seen "Hancock" yet. "Hellboy 2" had its good points, and it was popcorn-y fun, but it's the sort of flick I'll only see once, really. Still, the spectacle of Hellboy and Abe Sapien both tipsy and singing Barry Manilow has GOT to be one of the funniest scenes I've seen this summer.