Friday, August 29, 2008

Political Deification: Obama the Nominee!

It's an apotheosis at Invesco Field! The McCain campaign responded with a touch of class and grace. Mad Minerva, though, responds with a giggle because all the relentless media hype, ugly DNC logos, Hillary pantsuits, and overcooked yet banal, sloganeering, goofy political oratory have activated her sense of the ridiculous.

So, yes, Obama is the Democratic nominee for president, and that's a historical milestone. Really, it is. Let me offer that acknowledgment to Obama, along with a blog tag (all political messiahs need a category of their own, no?). On the other hand, the sheer force of HYPE and media silliness has been overwhelming. Plus Obamessiah's stage setup looked like . . . a Greek temple. I can't make this stuff up if I tried.

OMG! It's the Obamacropolis!

Hmmm. There's a cool little ancient Greek word that might be fitting. Hubris. Look it up. Also, I'm sorry, but I just can't help myself -- hubris provokes humor! Here's a great visual satire done by a better Photoshopper than I am:



"Hope or change or whatever."

Add a rousing anthem, and we are all set to go! HOPECHANGE, here we come! YES, WE CAN!

1 comment:

Pat Patterson said...

From the side it reminds me of the "giant' Stonehenge megaliths from This Is Spinal Tap.