Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nerd Journal: A Little Cinematical Self-Indulgence

Life at Nerdworld right now is about as much fun as taking a bath in boiling oil: no matter where you turn, you're gonna get burned. I guess I should be happy that I'm only drowning in WORK.

Still, I'm so totally and completely irate and out-of-sorts that I can't help myself. I need some escapism! Some distraction! Metaphorically speaking, it's really only shooting a water pistol at a forest fire, but ANYTHING will help!

Today's small consolation: the Movie Blog's top 10 Robert Downey Jr. performances. This is the Year of the Downey. I'm annoyed, though, since the list is missing Downey's turn in "Wonder Boys" -- even though the same list includes that reeking bit of film-trash, "U.S. Marshals." Come on, people. Puh-leez. "U.S. Marshals"? "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang," though, was witty, quirky fun.

PS: You know what would be just as good? A list of top 10 Christian Bale performances. Oh, yes.

UPDATE: Better list here? I had forgotten all about "Weird Science."

No comments: