Monday, September 22, 2008

Nerd Journal: Nerdworld Soundtrack Pick of the Day -- Kansas

Do you remember a previous conversation about nerd-music? Anyway, we talk a lot about movies and a bit about TV here, so why not talk more about music?

Alessandra and I were talking a while ago about a "Nerdworld Soundtrack," so I'll throw open the conversation. I have an entire iTunes playlist of songs that are, in one way or another, reflections of the whole grad school-Nerdworld experience. Maybe I'll post one now and then to see what you think.

Today? Right now I'm listening to "Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas. Call it "wayward daughter" and it's me on campus. Check out the lyrics, man. Yowzers! Emotion, confusion, exhaustion, masquerading, and the frustration of not having any wisdom? It's grad school!

(Dedicated to La Parisienne and the Kamikaze Editor since the tune has appeared on our guilty TV-viewing pleasure, "Supernatural.")

No comments: