Monday, September 29, 2008

Nerdworld Soundtrack, Bailout/Financial Apocalypse Edition: Blue Oyster Cult

Do you remember what The Reagan once said? "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'"?

The Great Bailout Boondoggle of 2008 is in full swing and I have a nasty feeling about it, plus it's Monday at Nerdworld and I'm already up and working on a paper and going insane. I think it's time for another sarcastic, bitterly humorous addition to the Nerdworld Soundtrack.

This is as appropriate a song as I could find for all the predictions of doom and gloom, along with my short version of Paulson's position ("Give me all your money or we're all going to die!"). I give you . . . Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear The Reaper."

No comments: