Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Is Jimmy Carter Nuttier Than Pecan Pie?

How's this for mangling history: Jimmy says that the American Civil War was un-Christian and could have been avoided.

It's about as nutty as Pat Buchanan once saying that World War II was unnecessary.

So here's a comment from a Carter critic: "Carter seems to go to irrational extremes to avoid forthright confrontation or conflict with evil of any kind - even when ending human slavery is at stake."

Aaand that famous quote from Edmund Burke comes to mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Israel was responsi--

Wait. Did you just compare Hamas' boyfriend to PECAN PIE!!!?? To one of the pinnacles of pie perfection incarnate!!???

I'm (turns head away) ... I'm sorry; I don't think we can be friends anymore.

Mad Minerva said...

*Giggles*

Oh, dear, oh, dear. I put that down since it was less offensive than my first comparison: "Is Jimmy Carter nuttier than squirrel poo?"

Anonymous said...

True, you really wouldn't want to irritate this guy. (Look at the blogger photo carefully.)

Mad Minerva said...

Wow! Hilarious.