Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What Fresh Hell Is This? -- Congress Versus Farmers' Markets?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Not to mention, stupid and tin-eared. Hey, in a time of economic hardship, let's make it even harder for independent small farmers and little food providers to survive! All in the name of food safety, of course (and creating yet some other new federal agency to meddle in people's lives.)

Thanks a lot, most popular, sensible, and ethical Congress evah.

I love my farmers' markets! I'll tell you this: I've never gotten ill from them. I can say that I have been sick to my stomach and nauseous almost constantly in recent days, but the cause of THAT is paying attention to what government's been doing!

I've endured too many acts of fecklessness, foolishness, and flat-out idiocy lately. In a rage, I create a new blog tag for all future acts of similar. Say hello to the "what fresh hell is this?" tag.

Heck, how long will it be before nosy Food Safety Police come crashing into our residences to haul us away for hosting dinner parties or making and giving cookies to friends without some government license?

I suppose that indeed the war on foie gras was only the opening salvo in meddling do-gooders' campaign against food.

No comments: