Saturday, August 08, 2009

Nerd Journal: I am Not Yet a Venomous Harridan?

I ran into a former student of mine in town today, and the cheerful undergrad told me (with some surprise in her voice), "You look cute!"

Well, hey! Maybe I haven't turned into a venomous harridan (yet)! It's amazing what a peasant-style summer dress, sandals, and lip gloss can do for one! You know, as a professional nerd who's usually bleary-eyed and coffee-stained, I will take whatever compliments I can get -- and run with 'em.

Then again, it's the WEEKEND. Perhaps I'm only a venomous harridan during the work week...

(On a related note, I have not yet found the polka-dot sundress nor the ribbon-y red sandals of my most recent fashion-based blog-hallucination.)

2 comments:

Michael Turton said...

Photo please!! I can't just take your word for it that you're not a venomous harridan...

Mad Minerva said...

Nice try, Michael! The next time I'm in Taiwan, though, let's cross paths and you can judge for yourself.

MM, who may or may not be a venomous harridan.

Random thought: Is "venomous harridan-ity" in the eye of the beholder? Hmmmm.