Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween, everyone -- and especially to all you fellow Browncoats! For another eye candy-ish treat, I give you my favorite costume of Halloween 2009, with kudos to Nathan Fillion and ABC's show "Castle" for the delightful shout-out to one of my all-time most-beloved shows:



BONUS: Reference to the spinoff 2005 movie "Serenity" ("Didn't you wear that five years ago?") and musical cues that are fantastically evocative. You can't take the sky from me! See Hyacinth Girl on this too. La Parisienne and I are just ecstatic to see the return, however brief, of Captain Tightpants. We need to throw a Halloween shindig and invite everybody.

BONUS 2: I heard the nerdtastic rumor that there's another "Firefly" Easter egg in the scene. On the bookcase on the left of the screen, there's the mechanical spaceship part that plays such a pivotal role in the episode "Out of Gas" -- the part that doesn't seem important until you need it.

No comments: