Thursday, February 09, 2012

A Ranty Note on Politics

I haven't blogged much about the entire parade of crazy known as the 2012 election/re-election campaign, and I'll tell you why: I am completely and utterly disgusted with everybody on all sides.  I'm a voter looking for a candidate who will promise to leave me the hell alone ... though such a candidate apparently does not and will not exist.  My gripes with the president are a matter of public record.  My gripes with the insanity of the GOP primary candidates just might be bigger.  (Seriously, this is the best you can do?)   My gripes with the entire political class in general have been the topic of a tedious number of rants.  It's indicative, I think, that the SOPA/PIPA debacle involved not one party or another, but an entire mass of Congressional politicians from both sides engaging in a joint act of arrogant idiocy and obvious power-grabbing, cronyism, and special interests-coddling that ticked off millions of ordinary citizens of all political persuasions.  Ugh!  OK, back to the books and papers.  I'm tired of even thinking about these intellectual and moral pygmies.

No comments: