Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Nerd Journal: In the spring a young woman's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of shoes ... and Nerdmoots

"Thoughts of love"?  Nay, my friend.  What a cliché.  (Sorry, Tennyson.)  Thoughts of shoes, though.  SHOES.  It's been a long winter.  Technically, it still is winter, or at least in Nerdworld, it's still freezing, and I'm still in boots.  That's OK, though, because it's March now, and sooner or later, warmer days will come.  This means I'm (a) looking for the season's first robin (nothing yet!), and (b) starting to think longingly of awesome non-winter shoes.  The spring is Nerdmoot season, and I (and Ladybird too!) have several to attend.  I intend to go dressed to kill.  I might be a nobody in the profession, but that doesn't mean that I have to dress like a nobody.

So, on that note, I am thinking about splurging on these beauties:



Cinderella at the Nerdmoot.

What do you think?  Fugly or fabulous?  I am thinking of wearing them with a nice colorful shift or sheath dress. Maybe a bright green or blue (like this?), or maybe a light shade of anything.  No boring dark gray/black/brown/navy business skirt or pant suits for me, nosirreebob.  The fact that I'll be giving a paper about dead people doesn't mean that I have look dead myself, does it?  NO, IT DOESN'T.  So Mama needs some new shoes.  As a friend of mine says of such hypothetical footwear, they're "shoes to kick @$$ in" (or "with," depending).  

1 comment:

lp said...

Those would go with just about anything. They are fabulous.