Monday, December 31, 2007

Hello Kitty Monstrosity of the Day: Il Barista Tries to Kill Me with a Hello Kitty 2008 Calendar

I simply have to post this.

My dear old school friend Il Barista -- yes, Il Barista of Satan Coffee infamy -- has given me a new calendar for 2008. This sounds generous, sweet, and thoughtful, doesn't it?

Think again, buddy. THIS was the calendar!

When I tore off the pretty gift-paper and saw what horror lay beneath, I screamed -- and he laughed and laughed. "It comes with stickers!" he crowed. Oh, yes, it comes with stickers -- 75 nauseatingly cute, little pink Hello Kitty stickers. There you have it -- the first Hello Kitty monstrosity of 2008.

With friends like Il Barista, I don't need enemies! (And La Parisienne was in on it, I know!)

You want a war of cute? It's ON.

No comments: