Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Obama-Billary Smackdown Continues

I would simply like to say: yesterday's Super Tuesday II was basically a repeat of Super Tuesday I. The first one resulted in gridlock, and so did the second one.

The Obama-Billary death-match continues unabated. I'm actually a little surprised that Hillary managed to win both Ohio and Texas; then again, she did say she had to win both.

We're going into the Democratic Convention without a nominee, kids! Pull up a comfortable chair, sit back, relax, and watch the fireworks fly amid the increasingly dirty and desperate politicking. Showtime! I'll make the popcorn (with extra butter). Meanwhile, let the superdelegates start to squirm.

On the GOP side, it's the McCain Channel -- all McCain, all the time. I'm afraid it's a bit boring by comparison.

Both parties are actually rather unhappy, though unhappy in different ways (hey! that sounded just like the beginning of Anna Karenina. Oh, please, let us not throw ourselves under a train by the end of the election cycle...). I'm expecting interesting conventions.

Oh, and I have to say: I saw Hillary on a morning news program, all smiling and actually saying, "I am a human being." I will refrain from mentioning that any student of history knows that merely being a human being is not any proof of good intentions, good policy, or even good character. Oops, did I say that out loud?

No comments: