- Crispy sweet potato roast. Please do not desecrate lovely sweet potatoes with marshmallows!
- Mashed potatoes. Carb-errific! Please pass the gravy.
- How about these pretty potato stacks made in a muffin pan? They look like roses!
- The ever-reliable Alton Brown offers his own version of green bean casserole.
- How I do green beans: steam or blanche them briefly, and then saute for a couple of minutes in olive oil and garlic. Add a little salt and pepper, and that's it. They should be bright green and just a tiny bit crisp, not mushy. Try a bit of fresh lemon juice on top at the last minute for a tangy variation.
- Roasted parmesan green beans are a nice option.
- Try some roasted Brussels sprouts!
- Cornbread dressing that's leaps and bounds ahead of the insipid white bread variety. Make your own cornbread, obviously.
- If you already have the gorgeous cornbread dressing, you probably don't need dinner rolls (they're just filler anyway), but I know some people insist on them, so here's a recipe from King Arthur flour, and I have to admit that that flour is excellent.
- Try making your own cranberry sauce if you don't want the canned kind.
- Finally, the main event: Horrify your vegan friends and delight your fellow carnivores with a spectacular bacon-wrapped turkey. (Need a refresher on how to carve said turkey?)
- Dessert: So many options! I'll leave you to pick your favorite(s). I always go for pumpkin pie first myself.
Monday, November 21, 2016
Thanksgiving Recipe Festival!
The big day is nearly here, my darlings. Need some recipes? Here you go!