Saturday, April 23, 2011

Couch Potato Chronicles: "Doctor Who" Is Back!

There's so much to love (and be utterly freaked out by) in the season premiere that aired tonight on BBC America!  Oh, I've got high hopes for a great new season ahead!  Suffice it for now to say that I'm ecstatic to see Alex Kingston back as awesome nerd-babe River Song and to welcome Mark Sheppard as a guest star to the Whoniverse.  Sheppard's one of my favorite sci-fi character actors; from playing the rogue-ish Badger in "Firefly" to a slimy lawyer in "Battlestar Galactica" to a deliciously evil demon in "Supernatural," Sheppard has a gift for being memorable.

I'll do a full episode in a little bit.  Here's a cast photo for now, though.  I'm loving the Stetson hat on Eleven and River's rootin', tootin', latter-day Annie Oakley vibe.


Geronimo!

No comments: