Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thoughts on Foreign Policy in the 2012 Election

OK, so there's this piece arguing that Romney can't beat Obama on foreign policy.  Huh.  I have three quick thoughts as I run off to my nerd obligations:
  1. What did I just say about Romney and campaigning?  It's the Economy, Stupid.  Hammer the opposition about the economy!
  2. Despite Romney's squishiness on foreign policy, I can't believe there are that many people out there who actually seem to think that Obama knows what he's doing with foreign policy either.  You cannot be serious!  
  3. Actually the entire non-debate about foreign policy all around the political sphere is just depressing.  When the Secretary of State is more effective as an Internet meme than as a Secretary of State, you know you've got some problems, dude.

No comments: