Monday, April 28, 2008

Nerd News: Rank the World's Top 100 Public Intellectuals

Here's a very interesting little exercise by Foreign Policy (link via Tigerhawk).

You may choose 5 from the list of 100 choices.

The choices may be a little tendentious, and they're not at all comprehensive, but oh well. Go take a look and vote in the survey anyway! I leave you with Tigerhawk's commentary: This is "your chance to bury Noam Chomsky."

(As for me, I think also that it's a chance to bury that high priest of the Gaia cult, Al Gore. He's actually listed as a choice for "public intellectual." You must be joking! Also, the survey does also give you an opportunity to submit a name not on the list.)

Enjoy, gentle reader!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am SO uneducated. I have no idea who most of those people are.

Mad Minerva said...

I honestly don't think most of the people listed even really MATTER -- aside from the fact that they're very good at blowing hot air.

Mad Minerva said...

I honestly don't think most of the people listed even really MATTER -- aside from the fact that they're very good at blowing hot air.

Anonymous said...

Oh, there you go, bringing 'thinking' into it again. That's just like you. ;-)

Pat Patterson said...

I can just hear the phone call that Samantha Power made in the last week or two to the Obama, for lack of a better word, braintrust.

"I just wanted to leave a message in case you guys didn't happen to notice that according to FP I'm one of the 100 most influential public intellectuals in the world. [They] love me, [they] really, really love me. You pathetic losers!"