Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hello Kitty Monstrosity of the Day: Hello Kitty High Fashion

When the Coffeepot Dictator (aka Il Barista) sent me this link, I didn't want to believe it. But independent research has confirmed the apocalyptic horror of this cuteness run amok. Here it is:

In a few days, the Japanese edition of the fashion magazine Vogue will feature Hello Kitty wearing designer gowns by Galliano. She will be in Paris, modeling Galliano's fall collection for Dior.

Hello Kitty on the fashion runway? Oh, my! Meanwhile, the entire insanity of this has me humming -- unwillingly but compulsively -- the lyrics to (you guessed it) that laughably bad but catchy song about the catwalk.

(As for Il Barista, I am now convinced beyond all reasonable doubt that he is trying to kill me, slowly and cutely. But I don't intend to go quietly...)

No comments: