Thursday, June 25, 2009

Movie Review Preview: the Cine-Sib On "Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen"

The latest Michael Bay is currently being savagely ripped to bits even by Michael Bay fans, so I don't know what's going on.

The Cine-Sib went to see it at the midnight premiere on opening day, and these were his first responses:
Comment the First: "Two words: Constructicons Unite! And you thought they gonna be Megan Fox. LOL."

Comment the Second: "... cinematic junk food for the masses. It is highly recommended to disable one's higher cognitive functions as one enters the premises (i.e. check your brain in at the door)."
Overall, he seemed to think it was loud, silly, obnoxious fun despite its various flaws. I will attempt to extract a full review (or at least a haiku) from him soon.

I'm going to try and see the movie myself today or tomorrow at a matinee -- I'm not paying full price for this apparent scrap heap! (Please no shaky-cam, pleasenoshaky-cam!) For the record, I liked the first Transformers flick -- or at least I thought it was entertaining enough to watch once.

And if the flick turns out to be awful ... Could it possibly be any worse than sci-fi/fantasy disasters The Chronicles of Riddick, Constantine, Kull the Conqueror, Van Helsing, Elektra, the Star Wars prequels or -- to step outside specific genres to find the worst cinema bomb of any genre in the last 10 years -- Alexander? Nothing's THAT bad. All right, now I'm just inoculating myself against the rising suspicion that Transformers 2 is going to be terrible.

No comments: