Wednesday, June 09, 2010

All the Single Ladies: In Love with Big Government?

It's a provocative argument, though I take exception to the entire idea on a personal level: I'm one of the 29% of single ladies who didn't vote for Obama because I don't believe in what he stands for in terms of massive government.

As far as I'm concerned, a capitalist, free-market, small-government world is the best place for single ladies, so we can get out there and support ourselves, with our skills, individual talents, and hard work. NOT dependent on ANYBODY. Wasn't that one of the points of "feminism," anyway -- the liberation and independence of women? their actualization as INDIVIDUALS? If you don't want to be dependent on a man, why do you want to be dependent on THE Man, i.e., government? I don't get it.

I like this quote too:
If the goal of feminism was independence for women, it must be judged an Epic Fail, for they simply wedded their fortunes with the biggest loser of them all.
Heh. Big Government isn't Prince Charming; it's an abusive boyfriend whom you should dump ASAP.

Meanwhile, note how adherents of this entire sordid school of BigGovernmentPhilia constantly denigrate women who don't agree with them? And denigrate them in the most disgusting and degrading ways? Hypocritical, much?

Oh, and here's a thought that might terrify such folks: I DON'T WANT OR NEED SOMEONE TO TAKE CARE OF ME. I WILL TAKE CARE OF MYSELF, THANKS.

(And now I must go listen to Beyonce's song because it's stuck in my head.)

UPDATE: I can't help myself! Here's a perfect song for this post:



Come on, the lyrics include stuff like this:

I want your ugly, I want your disease
I want your everything as long as it's free
I want your love, love, love, love
I want your love

...

I want your horror, I want your design
'Cause you're a criminal as long as you're mine
I want your love, love, love, love
I want your love

...

Caught in a bad romance!

Talk about dysfunctional! Sounds like government social engineering to ME.

No comments: