Sunday, June 27, 2010

Awesome Quirky Euro Files: Life Imitates Satire in Iceland

A spoof political campaign has actually won the real election!  More from the New York Times here.  Yep, the satirist mastermind of all this, a comedian named Jon Gnarr, is now officially the mayor of Reykjavik.  Apparently he picked up a lot of votes from people who were protest-voting against the establishment parties.  I believe it!  I would totally vote for this guy.  He named his spoof party the "Best Party."

I give you one of their hilarious campaign videos here.  I laughed out loud. You'll never listen to Tina Turner the same way again!

2 comments:

lumpy said...

"Sustainable transparency!!!"

That's going on my next Tea Party sign.

Mad Minerva said...

It's brilliant, isn't it? Leave it to a comedian to put a finger on the silliness of political buzzwords!