Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Commencement Speaker Obama's Advice: Don't Blame Others For your Problems

OK, I confess that I almost snorted my coffee when I read this. It's the president's speech at Kalamazoo Central High School's commencement. SERIOUSLY?

I'm sorry, but the president has done massive amounts of finger-pointing and blaming everybody else, particularly his predecessor and the opposition party, since the moment he got into office. In speech after speech, he's done exactly what he's advising these kids not to do: blame other people and avoid taking ownership of one's own responsibilities and difficulties. Pffffffft.

Bonus: the poor bored student who falls asleep during the speech. Poor kid; he's a captive audience. Meanwhile: note to Obama's rhetoric: The thrill is gone, pal.

No comments: