Monday, September 26, 2011

Couch Potato Chronicles: "Terra Nova" Premieres

Well, promises, promises.  The premiere episode wasn't horrible, but it wasn't awesomely awesome either. Some of the characters already annoy me.  Still, it was new sci-fi, and there were some dinosaurs, and even if there wasn't enough dino-carnage for La Parisienne's taste and mine ("That's it?  Someone should have at least been bitten in half"), she sagely pronounced that we should give the show a chance and watch a few more episodes ... if only because Irishman Jason O'Mara is so very pretty.  (Oh, and speaking of pretty, Dignified Rant, I did see "The New Girl," and it was quirky-cute and quintessential Zooey Deschanel.)


UPDATE: LOL!  Well, yes. I consciously ignored the stupidities of the episode because I knew that if I thought too hard about it, I would be disgusted and turn off the TV.  What I wanted was lots of Jason O'Mara running through the woods killing dinosaurs.  The whole idea that he can't shoot to kill is ludicrous, frankly, but we'll see just how far his pretty face can carry the show, shall we?  In other news, the Cinema-Mad Sibling and I are hoping "Person of Interest" turns out OK, though I hesitate to hope too much.  I had more fun with the "Supernatural" season premiere that was delightfully entitled "Meet the New Boss."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Withholding judgement until more about the 6'ers is revealed.

Hopefully the plot isn't about evil corporations that went back in time to take over the future...

- Wodun

Mad Minerva said...

"Evil corporations" as an idea is so ... banal, isn't it?