Saturday, September 03, 2011

Quote of the Day: Libertarianism and Ron Paul

Obviously you don't have to agree, but here's a hilariously snarky quote:
 If you were an evil genius determined to promote the idea that libertarianism is a morally dubious ideology of privilege poorly disguised as a doctrine of liberation, you'd be hard pressed to improve on Ron Paul.
I'm not a fan of the man.  You'll remember how I summed up Paul at the first GOP debate.  He makes libertarianism look ... well, weird.

2 comments:

lumpy said...

Yes, but he also says this:

And I'll admit I still vibrate happily to his indignant disquisitions on foreign policy. (Why shouldn't Iran have nukes!)

This just seems willfully naive to me. Might as well ask why a 2-year-old shouldn't have nuclear weapons. But what do I know, eh?

Mad Minerva said...

Of course it's willfully and blindly naive. I should have noted that. I was looking only at the statement on Ron Paul.

OF COURSE IRAN SHOULDN'T HAVE NUKES, RON PAUL!