Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Minerva at the Pentagon

Alas, I'm not part of this, but it sounds interesting.  Take a closer look at the Pentagon's Minerva Initiative.  (It was orginally announced by Secretary of Defense Gates back in April.) Aside from its various research projects, the Minerva Initiative is also an attempt to bridge the chasm between the military and academia.  It's already controversial, and I think we can expect even more controversy as time goes on.

(Hey, Pentagon!  I looooooooove the name!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to say, if you're in DC and didn't let me buy you a cup of coffee, I'd be awfully...well, something. I'm not sure what. But I'd be awfully it.

the initiative does sound pretty interesting though.

Mad Minerva said...

Next time I'm in DC, I'll take you up on your offer, Greg!