Sunday, February 22, 2009

Film Culture Commentary: Oscars Shmoscars -- Watch This Funny Vader Video Instead

I love movies.  I absolutely do.  You know it too.  But however much I love movies, I hate the Oscars.  Still, a morbid curiosity prompted me to flip channels to the Oscar broadcast -- where my eyeballs exploded almost immediately when they had the misfortune of seeing Hugh Jackman in the stupidest opening song-and-dance number imaginable, accompanied by dancers in silvery leotards.  MY EYES!  MY EYES!  I clicked away as fast as I could.  In total, I spent maybe about ten seconds on the Oscar show, and it was ten seconds FAR TOO MANY.

Plenty of people have slammed the Oscars, so I won't bother.  I will, though, point you to Nikki Finke's scathing preview and her even more scathing live-blogging of the bloated, self-important, celebrity-filled, egotistical-pietistic debacle.

No, gentle reader, I have something much better for you on Oscar night.  I give you this amusing video instead.  Enjoy poking fun at this year's Oscar nominees!


No comments: