Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fish Pedicures and the Ever-Increasing Nanny State

Interesting! As always, John Stossel and Nick Gillespie discuss topics with their deft touch and good cheer. Come on, there they are, talking about the nanny state while sitting up to their ankles in fish. It's making a humorous point.

I add also the usual caveat that freedom comes with responsibility, especially personal responsibility.

Oh, and would YOU ever try a fish pedicure? I'm not sure about me, though I am sure that it's a decision I want to make for myself. I do love traditional pedicures, though!

2 comments:

lumpy said...

Nick's smooth, but he doesn't have the logic. When he's asked who will pay if he gets an infection from the fish pedicure, he says the businessman will because it will affect his business. Complete dodge.

Then, on safety laws, he claims they're bad because the poor get more tickets for them than the non-poor??? Sorry, but if the poor commit more of a particular kind of crime, they should get more of the punishment for it.

For a guy from Reason, this does not seem to be good reasoning.

Mad Minerva said...

Yep, some of his answers are mushy, but I was just so amused at the fish pedicure-in-process.