Saturday, March 06, 2010

Fugly or Fabulous? Ridiculous Gold Gladiator Sandals



Morituri te salutamus.
Because if I wore them, I'd probably trip over my own feet
and break my neck within about 5 minutes.
But oh, how gloriously sassy I'd look for those 5 minutes!

La Parisienne and I were texting back and forth about gladiator sandals and some sassy versions thereof. I saw something very much like this one this morning at the mall -- gladiators, only really, really tall ones. I must admit, the idea fascinates me. I would tower over the competition. Imagine with a summer dress and lots of sunshine!

Ooooh, or maybe these, to swap out the wedge for a heel. Wouldn't THOSE be killer fun to wear to a Nerdmoot! I'm thinking it'd be a hoot to look like a "normal" boring nerd in a business suit ... until you glance at my feet. Shoes that can kick a little butt -- if not in terms of the awesomeness of my research, then in terms of sheer personality?

(And yes, today was freezing again at Nerdworld and I was wearing my gigantic goosedown coat. Boooooo!)

2 comments:

Brian J. Dunn said...

I refuse to take the bait again.

Mad Minerva said...

Poor Brian! I shall wear some cute ballet flats in your honor.