Thursday, April 08, 2010

Pop Culture Commentary: JJ Abrams Versus Joss Whedon

Choose you this day whom you will serve, pop culture fans!

UPDATE 1: Heh!

UPDATE 2: OK, I went back through the archives and found this, my most gushing fangirlish praise of Abrams, and it included this line: "credit must be given where credit is due to JJ Abrams, who helmed this project and more or less achieved Joss Whedon status with it." Hmmm!

Oh, Joss. I'll always be your girl. I'll always adore you for giving us "Buffy" and "Angel" and especially "Firefly," because, as Hyacinth Girl says so well, I LOVE MY CAPTAIN. And Wash. Always Wash.

But JJ, I'll raise a glass to you for "Alias" (when it was good, that is), the fabulously resurrected "Star Trek," and for showcasing the adorable Greg Grunberg as even more adorable Agent Eric Weiss. All of you other girls can keep that high-strung pretty boy Vaughn. Give me Weiss. Cheerful, courageous, unpretentious, huggable Weiss.

1 comment:

april said...

I'm Joss girl, myself. JJ screwed me over with Lost. Dollhouse, however, was nothing to write home about, until Alan showed up and got his awesome all over everything.

And you're right, we always, ALWAYS love Wash.