Friday, September 24, 2010

Nerd News: Karma 1, Bill Ayers 0

Get a load of this:
When retiring University of Illinois at Chicago Professor Bill Ayers co-wrote a book in 1973, it was dedicated in part to Sirhan Sirhan, Robert F. Kennedy's assassin.
That came back to haunt Ayers on Thursday when the U. of I. board, now chaired by Kennedy's son, considered his request for emeritus status.
I need not tell you how the board voted, do I?  
It [emeritus status] was denied in an unanimous vote.
After the fold is a quote from Chris Kennedy:






"I intend to vote against conferring the honorific title of our university to a man whose body of work includes a book dedicated in part to the man who murdered my father," he said.  "There can be no place in a democracy to celebrate political assassinations or to honor those who do so."

No comments: