Sunday, January 09, 2011

Couch Potato Chronicles: "The Cape"

The series premiere tonight of NBC's "The Cape" had its ups and downs, but it was enough to get me to decide that I would watch the next episode.  In the meanwhile, read this.  By the way, I had never before seen lead actor David Lyons.  "Who is that dreamboat?" I asked the Cine-Sib, who rolled his eyes (or would have, if they hadn't been glued to co-star Summer Glau).  "Well," I said, "whoever he is, I bet he's from Australia."  After the show was over, I went to IMDb, and lo and behold, he's a native of Melbourne.  Aw, yeah!   

OK, all that aside, give "The Cape" a chance.  It's got the potential to be a good show; let's see what happens.  Still, the presence of Summer Glau likely means that the show is (a) decent and (b) doomed to cancellation if "Firefly" and "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" are harbingers.  Then again, third time's the charm?

No comments: