Monday, January 17, 2011

Nerd Journal: The Nerd Lords Have Spoken


Here's an announcement, gentle readers.  My Nerd Lords have spoken.  More importantly, the Nerd Emperor -- aka Nerd Who Must Be Obeyed -- has issued his decree.  I must -- MUST -- finish my massive research-and-writing project by the end of this summer.  200+ pages, baby.  Failure is not an option.  Oh, boy.  I think I'm as terrified as I am excited.  So here is a new blog tag for all posts on this topic -- "Nerdpocalypse Now."  You can expect a slight decrease in the number of daily posts, but you can also expect a whole lot of blogging about the Nerdpocalypse Project.  You know, I'm almost glad to be given a hard deadline and what amounts to a Nerd Lord Ultimatum.  It's happened to most of my nerdy friends.  Besides, I've been playing around with research and whatnot for a while now, so it's probably time to Put Up Or Shut Up when it comes to nerd work.

Now the question is, do I have all the right moves?  Even if I don't, it's time to get them!  (The video by One Republic is fantastic, and there's a metaphor somewhere in there, amid all the masked dancers, about my life both online and off, don't you think?)

2 comments:

Brian J. Dunn said...

Nothing focuses the mind like a hanging.

Good luck!

Mad Minerva said...

Nothing focuses the mind like a hanging.

Boy, you ain't kidding!