Friday, November 09, 2012

On Benghazi and Petraeus Testifying (Or Not)

I get out of an afternoon seminar, and just as I'm breathing a sigh of relief that the weekend's finally here, this mess blows up, and I'm thinking, Really?  In terms of responding, I'm just going to quote an irate Ace of Spades because  it's everything I want to say:
Why Is Petraeus Not Testifying? 
I don't care if he had an affair or not-- you don't get a pass from answering critical questions on a major debacle simply because you also might have done something else wrong in your personal life. 
What the hell is this crap? Who cares if he had an affair? What does that have to do with Benghazi? 
I don't know he should necessarily resign over this -- apart from the security breach (which seems minor, if the FBI already says it's not expecting charges). 
But I sure the hell know he doesn't get a Get Out of Testifying Free Card. 
Testifying before Congress isn't up to your own discretion, when it's convenient for you.
UPDATE: OK, hilarious quip here.

No comments: