Friday, January 18, 2008

France: Huge Cosmetics Bills for Sarko and Sego

During the presidential election, Sarkozy spent 35,000 euros on makeup, while Sego spent 52,000 euros.

Well, all I have to say is . . . that's a LOT of makeup and hairdressing!

Now according to MM's Ramen Scale of Economics, that amount of money is the equivalent of (*hmmmm, where is my calculator?*) over 700,000 packets of Ramen noodles, with today's average of 6 packets of Ramen per $1 US and foreign exchange rate of 1 euro = $1.46 US. Wow, that's enough Ramen for an entire campus full of starving graduate students and their friends!

I don't know -- I just find the whole makeup-expenses report amusing and excessive. Then again, the French government is supposed to reimburse candidates for some campaign expenses, a fact I also find amusing and excessive.

1 comment:

Bruce said...

My dear, please for the love of all that's good, upgrade to real instant noodles, which will run you anywhere from 2 to 3 packs for $1. I shudder to think what substandard student sustenance has been powering these pages!