Monday, August 29, 2011

I Play My Sympathy Violin For ... the US Congress

La Parisienne and I are disgusted at Congress critters wailing that they don't earn big enough salaries.  Boo freaking hoo, Congress.  The rest of us will probably never make six figures (much less get all your perks), and I don't want to hear a single gorram thing about this while the country's got 9% unemployment.  As it is, Congress critters already make 3 times as much as the average American worker.  You call this public service?  As I tell my slacking undergrads, SHUT UP AND GET BACK TO WORK.

2 comments:

lp said...

Maybe this explains why they are incapable of balancing the budget.

Objectiveman said...

"Boo freaking hoo" - I just love that.
You would be amazed if you saw the perks Indian politicians and judiciary enjoy. They live in massive bungalows with lawns, travel first class with friends and family on the nationalized airline.

And yeah, they too are incapable of balancing the budget. Of course they are as good as your guys where printing fiat currency is concerned.