Saturday, April 18, 2009

Satire Alert: Department of Homeland Security Issues "No Read List"

After the kerfuffle over Janet Napolitano and the DHS's new report on "right-wing extremists" and potential terrorists, I could not help myself.

Enjoy my latest satire! (And leave any suggestions for other books in comments below.)

For another humorous potshot at this ridiculous and utterly needlessly offensive and tin-eared DHS "report," you can take Reason's little quiz! You can surely guess what my results were, no?

You know, the entire sphere of politics-speak these days is some upside-down, topsy-turvy, Through-the-Looking-Glass kind of place. Government officials won't call actual terrorists by that term, but apparently it's OK to use that term to describe Americans who hold different political convictions? What? And without any solid, corroborating data or evidence? Sounds rather rant-worthy to me, though I'd rather poke fun at this one. Mercilessly.

By the way, read the Constitution -- while it's still legal to do so, eh? In the words of blogfriend Lumpy, Oh, GO ON!

No comments: