Saturday, September 12, 2009

MM in the Kitchen: Making Bao

Oh, screw it. I have a PILE of research and writing to do, but I can't stand it anymore.

I'm fleeing into the kitchen, hauling out my steamer set, and making bao! I don't think I'll fill them with anything (I don't have ingredients to make roast pork for char sui bao), but they'll still be good! Recipe here.

Bao, Dickens, nerd research, and Facebooking/texting/hanging out on the cellphone with old friends. It's another glamorous weekend in Nerdworld!

(Oh, and Il Barista and La Parisienne? I shall wear that apron you two gave me. You know the one!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes please

Quite Rightly said...

Minerva--

Can't wait to try the bao recipe, but is it possible to set them up the night before? I don't want to get up 4 hours before breakfast to put them out to rise!

Mad Minerva said...

I've never tried setting the bao to rise the night before. I have done that with "normal" bread, though, and it turned out OK. Give it a try and see what happens! ;-)

Køkkener said...

Good post, thanks for sharing it.