Thursday, July 22, 2010

Quote of the Day: Craig Ferguson on Sci Fi and Fantasy Fandom

I'll get back to "serious" blogging about foreign and domestic politics later (ummm ... sorry?).  I found this quote and I could not resist.  Look what Scottish (now Scottish-American -- congrats on being naturalized, sir!) comedian Craig Ferguson had to say recently (begins at 4:37 if you bother going, though the quote's all you need, and I have it right here):
"There’s rivalry between the Harry Potter fans and the Twilight fans. And Twilight fans think they’re much cooler than the Harry Potter fans. And I’m like, I dunno why, they’d all get their @$$ kicked by the Doctor Who fans."
Ferguson then yells, "That's right!  I am one!"  Absolutely fantastic.  Have you any doubt at all that tough, smart, sassy, independent Who fans like La Parisienne and California Dreamer and Alessandra and I could have Twilight fans for breakfast?  It wouldn't even be a contest.  And we'd still have room for croissants afterwards.   Oh, and remember the end of this?

3 comments:

lp said...

I love Craig Ferguson even more now.

Mad Minerva said...

What *is* it with charming sassy Scots, anyway?

California Dreamer said...

Thanks for setting that straight. After all, what other kind of writing can take you to another universe and time...and bring you back again!

Speaking of charming, sassy Scots: although I like Matt Smith, I still miss David as the Doctor. He'll always be MY doctor :)

*sigh*