Sunday, July 03, 2011

Fugly or Fabulous: Canada Day Edition

Prince William and his lovely bride were in Canada on Canada Day, and I gotta say, I'm rather liking Kate's outfit.  Check out her red hat with its maple leaves.  It's fashion with a sense of youthful playfulness, and I think it goes fabulously with an elegant cream dress and maple-leaf brooch.  Kudos!  As I said to Alessandra, I'm starting to like this girl's sense of style and the fact that she doesn't seem so darn uptight about it all.  Besides, fashion diplomacy is a legitimate tool of statecraft!  

(OK, I'm not so sure about the tassell-y purse shaped like a fan.  It's adorable, but if it were up to me, I'd think it'd be a distraction from the awesome headgear.  I would have picked a nice elegant red clutch that didn't want attention for itself.  But going on!  Now ... I want to see Kate's shoes.)


Hat trick.

No comments: