Thursday, September 16, 2010

Movie Review: On "Eat Pray Love," Angry Critic 1, Sappy Movie 0

This British film critic has a hilarious smackdown of Julia Roberts' latest flick.  Here's my favorite bit of it:
At one point, Javier Bardem runs her over with his car. That part was okay.
The review also contains this brilliant assessment of how banal "chick flicks" can be:
I’m just so bored of ladies and their emotions doing stuff – and, worse, the assumption that those three elements alone (ladies, emotions, stuff) are enough to constitute entertainment for other ladies.
Bravo!  I for one hate "chick flicks" and would gladly see just about anything else.  Earlier this week I wrote a paper while watching the "Godfather" trilogy (I didn't like the third one as much as the first two, though Andy Garcia is always fun to watch).

No comments: