Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Nerd Journal: Summer Research Stinks

OK, so classes are over, but a history-loving nerd's work is never done. Like many of my peers/friends/colleagues, I still have plenty of research and writing that needs to be done over the summer. In fact, I have something due in 2 weeks. (No rest for the wicked. Or the nerdy. So you can only imagine what sort of rest there is for people who are wicked nerds.)

Hmmm, the weather is nice and I'm really tired of nerdwork. I'm still not fully recovered from the bibliophobia of final exams. What could possibly induce me to head back into the Library of Doom?



Allons-y.

Oh, I wish.

But, then again, the Doctor does spend a lot of time in "Silence in the Library" running for his life among the stacks. That does sound an awful lot like a grad school metaphor!

1 comment:

California Dreamin' said...

Doesn't this room look an awful lot like the library in the British Museum? Speaking of which, where's the rest of your Whovian yarn??