Monday, June 27, 2011

Awesome Nerd News: Better World Books

Used books in good condition at really low prices plus free shipping!  Check out Better World Books, a link that La Parisienne --  that evil enabler! -- sent to me in the full knowledge that I would immediately lose my mind, go into a squealing bibliophiliac frenzy like a kid in a candy store, and buy 3 books in 3 minutes.  

Oh, yeah, you know that's exactly what happened. But hey!  The total was about what 1 book would cost new at a "normal" bookstore.  I.e., I just bought a copy of Ian McEwan's "Atonement" for $4 (after I balked at paying $8.45 for it new on Amazon, much less shelling out $15 for it new at Borders and Barnes & Noble ... and found it was checked out at both the university and local public libraries). 

No comments: