Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Movie Trailer: "Gangster Squad"


Official movie website here: 
http://gangstersquad.warnerbros.com/

As I told Alessandra, I am all kinds of excited.  I love crime dramas.  I love period pieces.  I love shootouts.  I love Los Angeles and vintage 1940s fashion.  And I love Ryan Gosling.  This flick has all these elements. It's as if the universe reached down and gave me a gift to get me through final exams!  As for the movie itself as period crime action story, I'm hoping for something as good as 1987's brilliant Untouchables.  Besides, it has a fantastic cast of some serious names.  I'll spare you my latest half-despairing, half-admiring statement of how Gosling seems intent on doing everything imaginable to break me down and drag me back into relapse every time I think I might have a chance to get over this embarrassing schoolgirl crush.  Period crime drama action now too, Gosling?  Really?  Really?


UPDATE: The Cine-Sib approves of the trailer and is pumped to see the movie itself.  He pointedly said that he hopes it'll be better than 2009's Public Enemies -- that is, that it'll be the great film that he thought Public Enemies should have been but wasn't.  I concur.  Ohpleasepleaseplease, may Gangster Squad be the awesome cinematic love child of L.A. Confidential and The Untouchables!

No comments: