Friday, June 13, 2008

Nerd Notes: Geek Girls!

Well, it's about time that technophile ladies got some recognition too. Hooray!

I have one small comment, though: the article talks a bit about some of the girls being "hot" and "sexing up" both themselves and the sciences that they love. Maybe they really ARE hot, and that's fine. Hotness in itself is a neutral thing, I guess. But I hope this doesn't send out a secondary message that you have to be some kind of physical bombshell. Brains are beautiful, and I think smart is sexy, in itself, without having to add a lot of frills. (I'm saying this for everybody, not just the ladies.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not a new group of people, really. It's just an expansion of the "sexy librarian" subset of the female populace. Hell, most 'hot geek girls' wear librarian glasses.