Monday, June 02, 2008

Nerd Journal: Fleeing the Campus

Today is a miserable Monday, but for once I'm happy on a Monday. WHAT?

Here's why: the countdown has started. In less than a week, I'll be fleeing from my exile in Nerdworld to go back home to my native climes and see friends and family! Woooo-HOOOOO! Nerdworld is great and all, but it's not home, and it probably never will be home. Anyway, it's been a very long spring term, and I can't tell you how gloriously, deliriously happy I am that it's all over.

I'm now cheerfully daydreaming, among other things, about massive planned bouts of Wii games (the Sibling and I will challenge all comers to Mario Kart Wii), hanging out with friends at Satan Coffee (mocha frappuccinos for all), going out to indulge in that delightful vice of communal gluttony, and committing in great quantities the mortal nerd-sin of sloth (i.e., not doing a lick of research -- and LOVIN' IT). I can't WAIT.

In fact, I was on the phone last night hatching plots with the buddies I'll soon be seeing. I'm talking about all the usual suspects, of course: the Cinema-Mad Sibling, La Parisienne, Il Barista (aka CPD, Coffeepot Dictator), Alessandra d'Ambrosio, and a few lovelies whom I haven't burdened with silly blog-names (yet). But you know who you are.

The Sibling's supposed to pick me up at the airport. I told him that if he really wanted to be a great guy, he'll be there with a nice big Sonic Route 44-sized cherry limeade waiting for me. Aw, yeah. I am so not kidding.

Summer is here, finally! I do write this, though, in the library, with a big bag of books at my feet. I might be able to leave soon, but there's a pile of "nerdage" that needs to happen before then. But there's now at last a light at the end of the tunnel, and for once it's not an oncoming train.

OK, I'm off. Ice cream time. The East Coast has its various and plentiful disadvantages, but the ubiquity of Ben and Jerry's shops is not one of them! Then back to the ol' apartment to read articles.

So, gentle reader! Any fun summertime thoughts for you? Any holiday plans?

4 comments:

Pat Patterson said...

Sonic? Well, at least that means you are not from New York or Montana! No sonic franchises there. now if you had mentioned Fatbuger or In-n-Out then that would have narrowed the area down in further.

Mad Minerva said...

Ooooh, In-N-Out burgers! YUM!

Pat Patterson said...

Ah, you said the magic words, I will now reveal the secret menu to In-N-Out. Guard with your life and don't publicize it one the internet and yes I am aware of the irony.

http://www.tiburon-belvedere.com/cgi/home.cgi?c=In_N-Out

Mad Minerva said...

Very nice!

An acquaintance of mine (and similar fish out of water) is a self-proclaimed Animal Style sort of guy. I think, though, that he just likes saying "Animal Style"! Like how I like ordering "tiger blood snow cones."