Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Nerd Journal: Escape From Nerdworld

Wheeeeeee! Bonus: while I was traipsing through one of several airports on my itinerary, I ran into Mark Steyn! He looked about as harried and hassled as every other holiday traveler, poor guy, and I did get a chance to wish him a Merry Christmas. (I felt like such a fangirl.)

You never know whom you might run into in an airport, especially around the holidays! Not too long ago, I ran into Ted Nugent. (And the Motor City Madman is simply a lovely, nice fellow in person.)

OK, you can now (a) read some Steyn or (b) listen to The Nuge.

So what am I going to do away from Nerdworld? I'm going to the movies with the Cinema-Mad Sibling and some of our friends. On the to-view list for the holiday break:
  • "Avatar"
  • "The Princess and the Frog"
  • "Sherlock Holmes"
  • maybe "The Blind Side"
  • and perhaps even "New Moon" with La Parisienne if we need a good laugh
It is past time to leave the nerdy books behind for a while and indulge in pop culture fun! It's been far too long.

I'm about to go to the mall, actually. Not because I need to do any shopping, but because I can and because it's rather fun to be out in the holiday hubbub when you don't have to shop! You can just enjoy the lights and decorations and window-shopping ...

No comments: