Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm Sick of Real Politics, So I'm Going to Watch Fake Politics

That is, I think I'll finally get around to reviewing last fall's The Ides of March in the next few days.  Yeah, I know it's about politics, campaigning, corruption, influence peddling, manipulation, betrayal, ambition, cynicism, disillusionment, and general sleaze and skulduggery, so maybe it won't be that much a distraction from the latest idiocy in the media about real politics.  Still, I just know that (a) I'm sick of the actual campaign nonsense, and (b)the movie has BOTH George Clooney AND Ryan Gosling running around in suits and ties, so if nothing else I get something pretty to look at for an hour and a half.  Besides, no matter how bad the dialogue might get, it'll look like Oscar-winning writing compared to the actual words uttered by Joe Biden.  I can't lose, right?

No comments: