Saturday, August 11, 2012

It's Romney and Ryan

It's Paul Ryan.  Good pick.  The Insta-Prof is all over this.  Iowahawk is hilariously and pithily brilliant as usual.  Now hammer home the message that it's the economy.  I expect the response from the opposition to be not only unserious but disgraceful.  I also think the Obama camp might be secretly terrified.

On a related note, I now might actually be motivated to watch the VP debates so I can watch Ryan wipe the floor with Biden - not that this would be much of a feat, admittedly, but still.  The Olympics will be over, but I'm still going to want to watch a colossal beatdown because ... well, I'm a bloodthirsty sports fan, and politics is basically a full-contact sport.

UPDATE: A few thoughts.  Also this.  From the way that some of my lefty friends are flipping out, the Ryan pick has clearly hit a nerve.

No comments: